It’s HOT, HOT, HOT outside!
Where to get relief??? The POOL!
How about relief with a frozen treat too? Make Cookies n Cream Popsicles for your family.
National Ice Cream Month is held in July in the United States. Ronald Reagan designated July as National Ice Cream Month in 1984. He also named the third Sunday in July as National Ice Cream Day. Reagan recognized the popularity of ice cream in the United States (90% of the nation’s population consumes ice cream) and stated that these two events should be observed with “appropriate ceremonies and activities.”
Perhaps you want your frozen treat right now, this red hot minute…well then, visit an ice cream shop!
IF YOU LIKE MAKING YOUR OWN ICE CREAM, then read on.
Today’s post is my recipe for
Cookies n Cream Popsicles.
This recipe uses three types of milk; whole milk, evaporated milk and sweetened condensed milk.
The milks are wisked until combined.
Vanilla extract is added for flavor.
A few oreo cookies are crushed and added to the milk mixture of each pop mold.
Top the pop molds with lids and freeze until frozen.
I also used these molds in addition to the slide pop molds shown above.
COOKIES N CREAM POPSICLES
By Carmen Ortiz of Baking is my Zen
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Yield: approx. 3 cups milk mixture (about 8 popsicles using 3 oz molds)
1 cup whole milk
1 cup evaporated milk
1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Oreo cookies – bite size (3-5 per mold)
1. Line up popsicle molds. Set aside.
2. Crush a few oreo cookies. Set aside.
3. In large measuring cup, pour milk, evaporated milk and sweetened condensed milk. Wisk mixture.
4. Add vanilla extract. Wisk.
5. Drop oreo cookies in each mold.
6. Pour milk mixture in the molds.
7. Add 1 teaspoon of crushed oreo cookies in each mold. Stir gently.
8. Cap the popsicle molds with lids.
9. Freeze until solid.
10. To Serve: Remove from freezer.
11. To remove popsicle from mold: Pour hot water on pop mold for a quick second for easy release.
Enjoy your Cookies n Cream Popsicles and family fun in the sun today…
Another post for Popsicles can be found HERE.
Baking is my Zen…sweet nibbles for the soul
Photography by Carmen Ortiz ~All Rights Reserved.
Not to be used without permission.