My cousin, his wife and daughters stopped by and visited us. After their visit, they continued down the east coast in their RV on their way to visit more family in Georgia, then Florida. Finally, they will head back to their home in Montana.
Love their cute pooch!
Made Banana Splits for dessert. Fun to eat!
Since I’m not using the oven for the summer months,
no-bake desserts such as this one become a staple recipe in the summer.
It is so easy, kids can make it.
What is a Classic Banana Split?
“A banana split is an ice cream-based dessert. In its classic form it is served in a long dish called a boat. A banana is cut in half lengthwise (hence the split) and laid in the dish. There are many variations, but the classic banana split is made with scoops of vanilla, chocolate and strawberry ice cream served in a row between the split banana. In no particular order, pineapple, strawberry and chocolate sauces are spooned over the strawberry, chocolate, and vanilla ice cream. It is garnished with crushed nuts, whipped cream, and maraschino cherry.”
Check out VIDEOS on making a Banana Split:
The Classic Banana Split is made with:
vanilla ice cream
chocolate ice cream
strawberry ice cream
I deviated from the classic recipe. So can you!
MY BANANA SPLIT recipe
3 scoops vanilla ice cream
freshly made whipped cream
STEPS TO MAKE A BANANA SPLIT:
1) Place a bowl or banana split bowl on counter.
2) Make fresh whip cream: Put heavy cream in bowl. Whip until creamy.
3) Peel and cut a banana in half, lengthwise.
4) Place banana slices in bowl.
5) Put 3 scoops of ice cream in center of bowl.
6) Top with pineapple chunks or crushed pineapple.
7) Top with fresh cut strawberries.
8) Top with blueberries.
9) Top with dollops of freshly made whip cream.
10) Pour chocolate syrup over top.
11) Add Sprinkles over whip cream.
12) Find a spoon and ENJOY!
Words of wisdom….Keep Calm and Eat Ice Cream
Baking is my Zen
…sweet nibbles for the soul
~ ~ ~
Photography by Carmen Ortiz.
~All Rights Reserved.
Not to be used without permission.